Solar Saver Program
Solar Saver helps Darebin residents, businesses and organisations to install solar panels - saving you money on your energy bills.
- We'll pay the upfront cost for the system, and you (or your landlord) pay it off over ten years, interest free.
- The savings you make on your energy bills will more than outweigh your repayments to Council, leaving you better off.
- A range of sizes of systems are available. For most properties, the bigger the system, the better the payback.
- Council has done the work to help you access:
- Quality systems
- Extended warranties
- A reputable supplier
- There have been three previous rounds of Solar Saver, with over 1300 households benefitting from the program.
- You can register now for the next round, which will get underway next year.
If solar is a viable option for you, you will be offered a no-obligation quote. The solar provider will talk you through what size of system will work for your house and your budget.
Please click on the appropriate button below to register. For all residential premises please click "Register for home", and for all non-residential organisations please click "Register for business".
Register for home
Register for business
Solar Homes Rebate
In August 2018 the Victorian Government announced a new solar rebate through the Solar Homes program. Currently Darebin Solar Saver participants are eligible for the rebate but applications can only be made twice a month via the Solar Homes portal. Click here for more information about the rebate and to see if you are eligible.
Frequently Asked Questions
To learn more about this program, have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions:
Read more in your language Arabic, English, Chinese, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Macedonian, Somali, Vietnamese.