Youth Directory

If you are looking for help, the Youth Directory brings together local services that support, refer and help young people in the one place.  Covid-19 has changed the way a lot of services offer support.  If you know what service you need you can contact them directly through the details below.  Covid-19 has changed the way a lot of services offer support, so be sure to check out if there are any listed changes to service.  Alternatively, contact us if you want to speak to a Darebin youth worker. You can talk to us about anything that is going on for you right now and we can provide information and make referrals to education, employment, housing, legal and other services.  

Call us during business hours on 0437 102117 or DM us at or email 

If you urgently need to talk to someone, please call Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800 and if you are in a life-threatening emergency, please immediately call 000 

Crisis Hotlines
 Service Phone Number 
 Kids Help Line  1800 551 800
 Lifeline  13 11 14
 Emergency Services  000
 SuicideLine Victoria  1300 651 251
 Sexual Assault Crisis Line  1800 806 292
 QLIFE counselling for LGBTIQ people  1800 184 527

Organisations that support and provide services for young people who identify as Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander

Victorian Aboriginal Health Service (VAHS) provide a variety of medical services, including medical and dental clinics, counselling and community programs.

Address: 238-250 Plenty Rd, Preston, 3072
Phone: 9403 3300
After Hours locum service: 132 660

Changes to service:  

VAHS are open and available to help, though are not able to take new referrals.  For existing clients, please call directly on 9403 3300 


Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the lead Aboriginal child and family welfare organisation in Victoria, protecting and promoting the rights of Aboriginal children and young people.

Address: 340 Bell St, Preston VIC 3072 
Phone: 9287 8800


Changes to service:  

There is a range of support available for community members who need assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic including emergency relief packs and supermarket home delivery.  See the website here for further information


The Bert Williams Aboriginal Youth Services (BWAYS) is a service of and managed by the Victorian Aboriginal Community Services Association Limited (VACSAL). They provide crisis accommodation, a justice program and an early school leavers program.

Address: 21 Normandy Ave Thornbury.
Phone: 9484 5310


Changes to service:  

Services are reduced, but we are still here to help, for further information please call Karin on 0439206756  



Organisations that support and provide services for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse young people

Centre for Multicultural Youth is a not-for-profit organisation providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds.

Address: 304 Drummond Street, Carlton VIC 3053
Phone: 9340 3700



Changes to service:  

Drop-in access is no longer available at our offices, however our staff are still available. We encourage clients and those looking for support for young people to please contact your case worker directly via phone or email, your nearest CMY office, or connect with us on our social media channels.


Shop 48 is a welcoming space, where the local community can access information and services, connect, participate and feel supported.

Address: Shop 48 the harmony centre 48 the mall, Heidelberg West 3081
Phone: 8582 9501


Changes to service:  

Closed until further notice 


MYAN, or Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network (Australia) work in partnership with young people, government and civil society to promote the rights and interests of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds and ensure these are recognised in policy and practice.

Address: 304 Drummond St Carlton, Victoria 3053
Phone: 9340 3700


Change to service:  TBC 



Organisations that support young people with Education and Employment pathways.

The Inner Northern LLEN provide services, programs and referrals to help young people transition from education to employment.

Address: 420 Victoria Street, Brunswick VIC 3056
Phone: 9940 1445

Change to Service: TBC

Prace: Reconnect provides individual support to plan a return to education, assisting program participants to obtain the skills needed to pursue meaningful employment in future, in their chosen career.

Phone: 0457 892 893


Reconnect is still open and taking new referrals.  To make a referral or for further information call Adrianna on 0457 892 893 or email 

Youth supports for homeless young people and young people at risk of homelessness.

FrontYard supports young people 12 to 25 years experiencing homelessness, at risk of homelessness, disengaged or requiring support. Monday–Friday, 9am–8pm and Saturday & Sundays, 10am–6pm

Phone: 9611 2411 or Freephone 1800 800 531

Changes to service: 

Frontyard is still able to help but are minimizing face to face contact as much as possible.  Please call ahead to make an appointment.  If you don’t have a phone, you can make an appointment in person at 19 King Street, Melbourne. 


Haven Home, Safe is the closest access point for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Darebin.

Address: 52-56 Mary Street, Preston
Phone: 9479 0700


Changes to service: 

Services are still continuing for those in housing crisis, facing financial difficulty or currently homeless. Virtual Appointments by phone are preferred so please contact us on 9479 0700 to discuss your needs.


Merri Outreach Support Services (MOSS) supports young people 16 – 25 years who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.

Address: Northcote Office – 279 High Street, Northcote
Phone: 9482 3488



Changes to service: 

MOSS are still able to help over the phone, but have cancelled all face to face meetings.  To make an appointment call 9482 3488  

Organisations that support and provide services for young people who identify as LGBTIQ+

Queerspace is a LGBTIQ+ health and wellbeing support service based in Carlton, which also runs programs for young people.

Address: 100 Drummond St, Carlton
Phone: 03 9663 6733

Changes to service:  TBC 

Switchboard Victoria provides a peer-driven support services for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and gender divers, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people, their families, allies and communities. Switchboard counsellors are available from 3pm – Midnight everyday by phone (1800 184 527) or via Qlife Webchat.

Changes to service: There are no changes to service 

Minus 18 provides support and resources for LGBTIQ youth, and can be contacted online.

Changes to service: 

Services are still continuing for those in housing crisis, facing financial difficulty or currently homeless. Virtual Appointments by phone are preferred so please contact us on 9479 0700 to discuss your needs. 

Minus 18 continue to operate online including digital solutions to workshops and training and support for young people.  Check them out online for further information  


Mental health and physical health supports and information for young people.

Your Community Health provides counselling and mental health supports, as well as a wide variety of services such as bulk billing doctors, dentist, optometrist, physiotherapy and podiatry.

Address:125 Blake Street, East Reservoir 3073
Phone: 8470 1111

Changes to Service: TBC 

Headspace provides youth counselling and mental health supports. Find your local Headspace here, or online at Eheadspace

Headspace Collingwood 9417 0150
Headspace Glenroy 1300 880 218
Headspace Greensborough 9433 7200

Changes to service: 

Headspace are still available for support online and over the phone.  Check out the this page for additional support on how to cope with stress related to covid-19. 

HomeDoctor is an after-hours bulk billed service available for home visits.
Phone: 13SICK (13 7425)

Changes to service:  TBC

Nurse On Call
provides immediate, expert health advice from a registered nurse, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week over the phone.
Phone: 1300 60 60 24

Changes to service: there are no changes to service  

Women's Health in the North provide health information and education to women and organisations

Address:680 High St, Thornbury 3071
Phone: 9484 1666

Changes to service: 

WHIN offices are closed, but can still be reached  

Organisations that support and provide services for young people who identify as having a disability

Darebin City Council has information here on its website about the NDIS, community participation, recreation and leisure, accessibility and a FAQ.

Art Access Victoria provides disability-led advocacy, community arts programs and professional development programs. Their website also features ARTfinder a resource that lists programs by location, artform and access needs.

Changes to service:  TBC  

Access for All Abilities connects people with disabilities to sporting activities in Victoria.

Changes to service:  TBC