Moving around Darebin easily and maintaining transport independence is an important thing for all residents. Help to get out and about in Darebin for older people can include:
- Door to door pick up by the Community Bus for shopping, social clubs and groups and other programs that older people want to access in Darebin, but need transport assistance;
- Community Groups and organisations can hire the 'Darebin Bus' - a 9 seater (plus driver) automatic mini bus (wheelchair modified - training required). This is available for low cost hire to transport disadvantaged, non-profit community groups, for travel within metropolitan Melbourne (100km return radius). All Darebin Bus Enquires are made by contacting the Community Resource Support Officer on 8470 8469
The following information is available to help residents get around Darebin, these include:
- Access and Mobility Maps - Council has developed a series of 'Access and Mobility Maps' showing the five main shopping centres in Darebin, highlighting important information on a range of access features such as: accessible toilets and car parking; taxi ranks; public transport routes and accessible pedestrian crossings.
- Resident may also be eligible for a Disabled Parking Permit, for more information about eligibility and applying click here.
Other useful information includes:
- LINK Community Transport is a non-profit organisation providing community transport for people in various areas of Melbourne.
- The Multi-purpose Taxi Program (MPTP) provides eligible card holders with half price taxi fares.