In 1837 Robert Hoddle surveyed the present day Preston area and its surrounds forming the Jika Jika parish.
- Bundoora had been known as Springfield, Prospect Hill and Janefield. Janefield was named after the wife of James Miller Brock.
- Janefield became known as Bundoora in 1863 when the first post office was built on the corner of Grimshaw St and Plenty Rd.
- The property ‘Bundoora Park’ was purchased in 1899 and subsequently used for breeding horses. The new owner, prominent horse breeder J.V. Smith, set about developing the magnificent homestead and surrounding gardens.
- It was the rural aspect of Bundoora that made the area attractive as a site for mental hospitals in the early 1900s. Mont Park opened in 1912 as a facility for the treatment of the mentally ill.
- Macleod railway station opened in 1911, 9 years after the railway line passed though.
Find out more at: