Get involved with advocacy
Say No to Racism Training
We are working towards a racism-free Darebin where our community's diversity is valued, celebrated, respected, embraced and leveraged.
Darebin has a number of initiatives advancing this goal including provision of a Say NO to Racism Training Package encouraging bystanders to take action when they witness racism occur in the community.
The training package includes:
- An overview of racism and its impacts of the community
- Reasons why bystanders should take action
- Practical tools and skills that enable and empower people to take action
- The link between collective action and creating a culture where racism is not tolerated
To register for the training package or to find out more, please get in touch.
Phone: 8470 8630
Climate Emergency – together we can make a difference and stop irreversible damage.
Visit our Get involved in environmental advocacy page for more details.
If you live in Darebin, send your letter to the Federal Member for Cooper, Ged Kearney, at this address Ged.Kearney.MP@aph.gov.au
Download our MP letter template.
If you’re south of Bell Street, then your State MP is Kat Theophanous, in Northcote. Email her at Kat.Theophanous@parliament.vic.gov.au
If you’re north of Bell Street and on the West side of Darebin Creek (eg Preston and Reservoir), your’re in Preston and your State MP is Robin Scott. Contact him here email@example.com
If you’re east of the creek (Kingsbury or MacLeod) you’re in the Bundoora seat and your MP is Colin Brooks firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Join a local group in taking action against climate change. If you need more information please email email@example.com
Find out more about what we are doing to create a Sustainable Darebin.