Darebin Disability Advisory Committee
The purpose of this Committee is to provide advice and recommendations (where appropriate) to Council in relation to:
- Issues relating to access and inclusion for people with disability and carers living, working, studying and visiting Darebin
- Promoting and advocating for improved access equity within Council and the wider community, irrespective of type of disability, age, sexuality and gender identity, culture, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, and linguistic background.
The Committee shall have regard to and act in accordance with Council’s strategic objectives and priorities. Specifically, the Committee will have regard to the following strategies, plans, frameworks, policies and plans:
- Community Vision
- Council Plan 2021–2025
- Darebin Access and Inclusion Plan
- Towards Equality Framework Darebin City Council’s Equity, Inclusion and Human Rights Framework 2019-2029
- Statement of Commitment to Traditional Owners and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Towards an Age Friendly Darebin
National Relay Service
Council at its meeting held on 25 October 2021 adopted the Terms of Reference of this Committee.
Meetings of this committee will be held quarterly unless determined by the Committee Chair and Council Officer in order to allow for the timely consideration and provision of advice to Council on particular, time-sensitive matters from time to time.
Committees may, with the approval of the relevant General Manager, meet more frequently on a limited and specific basis (if required).
The meetings will be closed to the public.
Composition and Membership
This Committee comprises of Councillor(s) appointed by Council annually and a Council Officer nominated by the Chief Executive Officer (both non-voting) and any other persons, and representatives of organisations as determined by resolution of Council and as specified in Appendix A of terms of Reference.
Specified members of Committees (excluding Councillors) shall be appointed to this Committee. This Committee will consist of:
All appointments will be for an initial period of 2 years with the option for a further maximum period through to the 30 June in the year following each General Election upon re- application.
A Councillor shall be the Chairperson of the Committee.
Presently, Committee comprises of the following Councillors/members:
Cr. Julie Williams (Chair)
Cr. Tim Laurence (Proxy)
This Committee comprises of 15 members.
Community Development Officer Access and Inclusion
(03) 8470 8327