Public Register and information
Public Transparency Policy
In accordance with s.57 & 58 of the Local Government Act 2020, Council adopted it's Public Transparency policy on 20 July 2020. Sections 57 & 58 replaces section 222 of the Local Government Act 1989, which required a Schedule of Prescribed Documents to be made available for public inspection.
Council's Public Transparency policy describes Council's transparency , integrity and accountability as being central to the principles and requirements that underpin local government democracy, accountability, conduct and enable the community to hold Council to account. The policy discusses how Council will make information readily available to the public.
In line with public transparency principles, council makes available a variety of information on our website to make them easily accessible to the community. The documents can also be viewed at the Council Offices.
Council at its meeting held on 20 July 2020 adopted Governance Rules 2020 in accordance with Section 60 of the Local Government Act 2020.
The Governance Rules set out the procedures for the election of the Mayor and for conducting Council and Delegated Committee meetings to make sure they are fair, orderly and effective.
Register of Delegations
- S5 - Instrument of Delegation - Council to CEO - 2021
- S6 - Instrument of Delegation - Council to Staff - 2021
- Instrument of Delegation (Planning Committee) - 2021
- Instrument of Delegation (Hearing of Submissions) - 2021
- Darebin City Council Agreement Register as at 30 June 2017
Summary of Personal Interest Returns
The Local Government Act 2020 (Act) requires Councillors, members of Delegated Committee (who are not Councillors), Chief Executive Officer and Nominated Officers of Council to complete Personal Interest Returns.
Section 135 of the Act states that the Chief Executive Officer must prepare a summary of the Personal Interest Return (Summary). The Summary will include personal interests information disclosed in the last Personal Interests Returns lodged by Councillors, Delegated Committee Members, Chief Executive Officer and Nominated Officers.
The Summary is available via the following link and is also available for Public Inspection at the office of Council during normal office hours.
- Summary of Biannual Personal Interest Returns – September 2021
- Initial Personal Interest Return Summary (for recently nominated Officers - September 2021)
- Summary of Biannual Person Interest Returns - March 2021
- Initial Personal Interest Return Summary
Election Campaign Donation Returns
The Local Government Act 2020, Section 308(2) states that the Chief Executive Officer must ensure that a Summary of an Election Campaign Donation Return must be made available on the Council's Internet site until the close of the roll for the next general election.
- Election Campaign Donation Returns - 2020 Council Elections
- Conflict of Interest Register - Councillors and Council Staff (July 2021 - September 2021)
- Register of Conflict of Interest - Councillors and Council Staff 2020 - 2021
To find out further information in regards to any of these documents please contact our Council Business Team via email email@example.com