Early Childhood Services
Support and resources for early childhood services
Darebin’s Families, Youth and Children Department have a range of resources to support services to deliver strong, inclusive, quality education and care.
We are home to more than 70 education and care services, including long day care, kindergarten and outside school hours care.
We maintain a strong commitment to providing support and resourcing to education and care services. We understand collaborative partnerships with services create opportunities for all children to reach their potential. Shared responsibility and commitment are a way of improving positive outcomes for the whole community.
Whether you are an educator, a director of community or commercial services, or part of parent-run, not-for-profit Committees of Management, the programs and strategies below help you deliver strong, inclusive, quality education and care, and provide the best possible environment and experiences for children.
Support for educators and directors of services
- Early years to primary school network
- Early childhood educators network
- Outside school hours care network
Support for parent-run, not-for-profit committees of management
- Darebin family youth and children programs and key contacts
Networks and Training
- Early years committee of management network. To register interest please contact Clare.Griffin@darebin.vic.gov.au
- Strategic planning for early years services: date to be confirmed for term 3, 2022 delivery.
Key agencies and peak bodies
Professional learning for educators
For events and professional development opportunities run by Darebin Council's Early Childhood Resource and Education team, visit our Families, Diversity and Community Eventbrite page of upcoming events.
You can also stay up to date by subscribing to our What's on in early years education e-newsletter.