Club development support
Learn about running a sports club with our Club Kit and other support resources.
Darebin Club Kit Guide
To learn about running a club, check out Club Kit: A Guide for sports clubs in Darebin.
It has helpful information on operating a sports club and understanding obligations of your Council tenant agreement, support and services available.
Club Support Resources
- Good Sports Program - Join Good Sports to access support and resources to help build better club culture and environment for players, coaches, parents and officials.
- Consumer Affairs Victoria - provides key governance requirements and information for not for incorporated associations including sports clubs.
- This Girl Can - get a crash course and guidance on how to better engage women and girls into your club with this fantastic mini site.
- CMY - Help created a more diverse and multicultural club, get some tips and advice from the experts at Centre of Multicultural Youth.
- Sport and Recreation Victoria - Provides information about sport and recreation news, activities, grants and strategy relating to the Victorian Government's support for local sport.
- VicHealth -Provides information about promoting health and wellbeing, research and resources for sporting clubs. Check out Doing Sport Differently, a new take on sport participation development.
- Play by the Rules - News, resources and free online training to assist sport and recreation clubs and administrators, officials, and coaches to encourage good governance and help keep your club safe, fair and inclusive.
- Sport Australia - Sport Australia's Game Plan resource is supports club planning and development. Additionally, Sport Australia offers COVID Return to Sport toolkit for clubs.
- Sports Community - A resource hub to assist club development, participation and operations.
- Club Help - A resource hub with various resources to assist club operations and governance.
- VCGLR Liquor Licensing - check out the latest information, guides and forms to assist with liquor licensing at your sporting club
- Proud 2 Play Resource Hub - some great information and resources to help clubs engage with LGBTIQ community
- Sport Environment Pledge and Resources - our partners at Sport Environment Alliance have created an opportunity to make a pledge for a more sustainable planet and gain resources and support for your own club action plan to be more environmentally sustainable in your club operations.
Advice from Council
Get in touch with our Leisure Services team to discuss your club's operation and support needs. We're here to help, so please call us on 8470 8888 or email us: email@example.com