Nominating another driver

We issue fines to the registered vehicle owners. If you were fined while driving a car registered to someone else, you can be nominated as the driver.

Parking fines where you are not the owner

If you have a parking fine, it’s important to understand that under Victorian law, the only people who can apply for a review are:

  • the registered owner
  • their authorised representative or
  • a person who has been formally nominated as the driver.

This is because parking fines are issued to ‘the owner’ of the vehicle. If the vehicle isn’t registered in your name, you must supply one of the following documents with your application:

  • to be formally nominated as the driver: a Known User Nomination Statement must be completed by the owner
  • to act as the owner’s authorised representative: a letter from the owner authorising you to act on their behalf.