Where to ride
Our TravelSmart Map shows on-road bike lanes, off-road riding trails and safe bike-riding routes, as well as walking paths, public toilets, water fountains and public transport information, including tram and train maps.
If you're after a TravelSmart Map for other parts of Melbourne and Victoria, see the VicRoads website.
We have multi-user paths for people of all ages and paces including pedestrians, wheelchair users, joggers, children on scooters or roller-skates, families with prams and dog walkers.
Read more about Darebin's shared paths.
Shimmy Bike Routes
With directional signage, road markings and maps, it's easy to shimmy your way through Darebin's back streets and avoid the main roads. We have a map of the new Great Western Shimmy route, as well as a map of our Other Shimmy routes. You can view all of Darebin’s shimmy routes together in this Google map.
Community bike groups
- Darebin Bicycle User Group - a local group that campaigns for better cycling conditions and organises rides to suit cyclists of all abilities.
- Wecycle - a volunteer group that recycles, re-conditions and re-homes bikes with people who need them.
- Map your route - Strava, Map my Ride, Endomondo
- Find your way - Google Maps app
- Find a place to play - Playground finder
- When nature calls - Public toilet finder
- Stay hydrated - Find a water tap
- Repair your bike - Easy bike repair app
Darebin Loves Bikes E-News
Want local bike news straight to your inbox? Sign up to Darebin Loves Bikes E-Newsletter. You'll be the first to know about Darebin bike programs, events and news.