Building extension or variation

If you need to change your building plans, or work taking longer than expected, you must apply for an extension or variation to your permit.

How to apply

You can apply for a variation or extension on your building permit, download and completing this form.

You can lodge your application and pay the fee in person or by mail.

If you need to change your building plans, you must apply for a variation to your building permit.

Application for amendment/extension of time of building permit

In person

Visit our Building Services counter on Level 1, 274 Gower Street, Preston between 8.45am and 4.45pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays).

By mail

Building Services Unit
Darebin City Council
PO Box 91