Darebin Libraries are more than just a place to browse and borrow. Our branches in Fairfield, Northcote, Preston and Reservoir offer welcoming spaces for learning, knowledge and inspiration. You can explore local and family history, get involved in a workshop, or find a place to study. We also have a huge collection of books, movies, music, audiobooks, newspapers and magazines.
For more information about anything on this page, visit the Darebin Libraries website.
Become a member
To collect your library card and use our services in person, bring a current ID with your name and address into a branch.
For more information, visit becoming a member.
Darebin Libraries App
Get easy access to your library account with our app. Search our online catalogue for titles and use your digital library card to reserve them straight from your device. You can also use the app to browse our digital library and link the accounts of family members.
Download the Darebin Libraries App for free from your device’s app store.
What do we offer?
Listen, read, watch and learn online with our Digital Library, open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
You’ll have access to a range of resources including:
- eBooks, eAudiobooks and eComics
- music and video streaming
- magazines, newspapers and journals from around the world
- kids’ educational games and homework help
- online learning tools
- help learning English and other languages
- encyclopedias and reference tools
- reading ideas and suggestions.
Visit a branch and read or borrow from our physical collections which include:
- fiction and non-fiction books
- large print books
- magazines and newspapers
- graphic novels
- CDs and DVDs
- community language collections in Arabic, Italian, Chinese, Greek and Vietnamese.
Facilities and services
In addition to our collections we have:
- computers and internet access, including Wi-Fi
- accessibility PCs
- colour or black and white photocopying, printing and scanning (fees apply)
- local history and family history resources
- meeting rooms for hire
- community art spaces
- gaming consoles
Home library service
We offer a home delivery service if you are:
- unable to visit the library because of age, illness or disability
- living in an aged care facility
- a full-time carer and unable to visit the library during opening hours
- a child and your guardian cannot visit the library.
If you are interested in this service please call 1300 655 355 or complete our online enquiry form.
Darebin Heritage is our local history website. It features more than 1000 articles on Darebin's history, a photo collection, historical newspapers, oral histories and fun activities for children.
From well-loved favourites to special monthly events, we have something for everyone.
Visit us and get involved in Rhyme Time, Makers Corner or Monthly Book Chat. We also run author talks, workshops, arts and crafts activities and much more.
To see our upcoming special events please visit Eventbrite.
To keep up with our news and events sign up to our eNewsletter.
Where are we?
Fairfield Library - 121 Station St, Fairfield
Northcote Library - 32-38 Separation St, Northcote
Preston Library - 266 Gower St, Preston
Reservoir Library - 23 Edwardes St, Reservoir