What do we collect?
We accept a range of hard waste items, and we either recycle or send to landfill.
We accept and recycle these items (put them in four separate piles):
- scrap metal including ovens, stoves, washing machines, dryers, BBQs and hot water systems
- bed mattresses and bases
- e-waste such as TVs, computers, laptops, printers, monitors, keyboards, radios, CD and DVD players, hair dryers and power tools
- a maximum of four car tyres (not 4WD tyres).
We accept these items and send them to landfill (put them in one neat pile):
- old broken furniture
- toys and sporting equipment (you can also donate them if they're in good condition)
- neatly stacked timber of up to 1.5 metres long and a maximum of 12 pieces (no fence palings)
- up to three rolls of carpet
- floor lino and vinyl
- small glass items like drinking glasses, wrapped and placed in a secured box marked glass (we don't collect glass in plastic bags).
For a full list of what we collect, see the Conditions of Collection.