Darebin recycling facilities
Our community recycling stations accept a range of materials. Learn more.
- batteries (please tape 9-volt and 6-volt batteries at the terminals and wrap small-cell batteries in tape)
- light globes and compact fluorescent tubes
- cameras and accessories (remember to wipe your date)
- mobile phones and accessories (remember to wipe your data)
- DVDs, CDs and video tapes.
Our community recycling stations no longer accept corks and ring pulls. Please leave ring pulls on aluminium cans and place them in your recycling bin.
Australia doesn't have a recycling option for cork, but you can reuse it for craft projects, garden mulch or compost (don't put it in your green waste bin).
If you have large quantities of the above items, please visit the Darebin Resource Recovery Centre. Fees may apply.
If you have commercial quantities of the above items, please visit Planet Ark's Business Recycling website for options.