Solar Saver Rates Program
Expressions for Interest for the Solar Saver Rates Program are now open.
Positions are very limited for this Program. Please ensure you are eligible and live in Darebin before submitting your Expression of Interest.
We'll pay the upfront cost for the system, and you (or your landlord) pay it off over 10 years, interest-free.
- The savings you make on your energy bills will more than outweigh your repayments to Council, leaving you better off from day 1.
- A range of sizes of systems are available. The installer will let you know what the best size for you is according to your average energy consumption.
- Council has done the work to help you access
- Quality systems
- Extended warranties
- A reputable supplier
- There have been three previous rounds of the Solar Saver Rates Program, with nearly 1400 households benefiting from the program.
Is my household eligible for the Solar Saver Rates Program?
Home owners - do you qualify?
You must satisfy at least one (1) of the following:
- Do you have a Health Care Card or a Pensioner Concession Card, Federal Concession Card or Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card?
- Is the combined household income less than $90,000 based on FY21-22 tax return?
- Are you receiving JobSeeker payments through Centrelink?
- Are you
- an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander resident?
- a refugee or a person seeking asylum?
- a person with a disability?
- an older person reliant on Commonwealth support?
- an international student?
Renters - do you qualify?
This stream has a focus on renters who are First Nation residents, refugees, asylum seekers and international students.
You must be all of three (3) of the following:
- Do you and your tenant(s) qualify for the Solar for rental properties rebate from Solar Victoria? and
- Does your household have a combined income of less than $90,000 per year (based on any of the last 2 year’s taxable income)? and
- Does your rental provider/landlord agree not to seek any repayments from the tenant (and you also agree)?
We may ask you to provide evidence for your answers, to make sure we are providing maximum access to our priority groups. Eligibility criteria changes according to priority groups identified by Council. Being accepted to the waiting list doesn’t ensure eligibility if criteria changes.
Read more information about the Solar Saver Rates Program.
Registrations are now open.