• Customer Service Centres closed. Call Centre remains open from 8.30am - 5pm each day, and you can contact us on 8470 888 or send us a message via our contact form.
• Essential works only (excessively long grass, hazards, safety audits, requests, dog bag dispensers, essential maintenance of equipment/ infrastructure)
• Face to face appointments and all group work will be provided via telehealth. All families where contacted by phone and informed of the response to the recent lockdown.
• Support to families will be provided via telehealth. All families where contacted by phone and informed of the response to the recent lockdown
Early years support events
• Parent and baby event will be cancelled. All families will be contacted by phone and informed of the response to the recent lockdown
• Closed. All families will be contacted by phone and informed of the response to the recent lockdown
• Immunisation will go ahead with social distancing managed by utilising both Shire Hall and City Hall by additional support from Hallkeepers and Immunisation staff to usher people to relevant spaces. Cleaning regime will be increased according to health regulations outlined by Department of Health.
• Three Immunisation sessions are scheduled during the lockdown period:
o Friday 16 July, Reservoir
o Tuesday 20 July, Preston and Reservoir
o Wednesday 21 July, Fairfield
o Thursday 22 July, Preston
o Saturday 24 July, Preston
Maternal and Child Health
• No home visits as of 5pm, Thursday 15 July
• Face to face physical assessment will continue for babies under eight weeks (assessments will be shorter)
• Vulnerable children and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander babies and children will be provided with a face to face appointment for a physical assessment (assessments will be shorter)
• Older children will be provided with a telehealth appointment and their appointment will be rescheduled for a physical consultation at a time after lockdown
• Generally new parent groups will not be provided, however, if possible, the new parent group will be provided via telehealth
• Parents with appointments during the lockdown period will be contacted by SMS and by phone.
• Nurses will be wearing PPE and families will be screened and wearing masks
Children and Community Development
• All face to face meetings and moved online or postponed
• Resource Van visits cancelled
• Preschool Field Officers will contact families regarding any planned visits
• The Hub and Decibels Youth Music Centre closed and bookings postponed
• Some youth programs will move to online delivery
• Youth Outreach will close for the lock down period
• Support contacts including phone numbers and websites will be communicate to young people via a range of communication channels (social media, email, text message, etc)
• Youth Support and Welfare Checks will be prioritized for vulnerable young people via phone/text/ online methods
Bundoora Park Farm
Reservoir Leisure Centre and Northcote Aquatic Centre
• Closed. (All memberships and debits automatically suspended.)
• All branches closed including return chutes. In-person events cancelled. Reservation dates and due dates extended by the length of lockdown (and then some). Online events will continue.
Bundoora and Northcote Golf Courses
• Training and competition cancelled
• Closed. Emergency relief food parcel pick up will continue at East Preston Community Centre.
Aged & Disability
• Escorted Shopping, Social Support Individuals, Social Support Groups, Community Transport and Senior Citizen Groups suspended. Senior Citizen Centres closed.
Services and facilities open/Operating as usual
• Outdoor playgrounds, skateparks and gym equipment remain open
• Waste collection bins to be collected as normal.
• Graffiti removal
• Closed from midnight 15 July.
Darebin Arts Centre and Northcote Town Hall
• Closed from midnight 15 July.
• Resource Recovery Centre and Darebin Outlook Second Hand Shop closed.