Council consent

Council building consent can vary for different things. Find out about what applies to your project.


You need our approval to erect precautions, also known as hoardings, over the street alignment. Find out how this applies to you.
You may need to apply for consent to demolish. Some demolition work also needs a Council planning permit and a building permit. Learn more.

Some areas of Darebin are designated as flood-prone. In these cases, you may need a flooding application before your building permit can continue.

You need our consent to build outside regulations, such as over flood-prone land or street alignments.