Residential parking permits

New permits, replacement or temporary permits, and paying your renewal.

You require a permit to park in specifically marked permit areas.

People who have parking restrictions outside or within 100 metres of their home can apply for a permit to park in the area to stay over the time limit.

Apply for a permit

It's quick and easy to apply online:

  1. You'll need:
    • Your car's registration number.
    • 2 documents proving that you live or work at the address for the permit.
  2. Select the type of parking permit:

First parking permit

Second parking permit

Pensioner first parking permit

Pensioner second parking permit

Replacement permits

If you require a replacement permit, you need to print, complete and submit the Replacement Residential Parking Permit Application Form.

Please do not send cash in the mail. If sending an application in the mail with a money order/cheque or alternatively attend a customer service branch for other payment options.

For all other questions, please read the Residential Parking Permit Frequently Asked Questions.

Temporary parking permits

Temporary parking permits are available for all properties for a 4-week period.

Type 1 temporary permits are available to residents of properties that were constructed prior to December 2004

Type 2 temporary permits are available to residents of properties that were constructed after December 2004

Paying your parking permit renewal

You can make payments to us via the following methods:

  1. Pay online through our website
  2. Online with BPAY at your bank
  3. Telephone payment by calling 1300 954 297

Number of permits

Each household can have a maximum of two permits.

Households with off-street parking (eg driveway), right of way (laneway between house blocks) or with a garage are entitled to one permit only.

Permits expire 28 February 2022

Cost of permits

Type of permit Fee
First permit $45
Second permit $69
Pension first permit $22.50
Pension second permit $34.50
Type 1 temporary permit $45 per month
Type 2 temporary permit

$100 for the first month

$300 for subsequent months within a 12 month period

Parking using a permit

The residential parking permit will allow you to park outside residential properties only in the area that it was issued. To find the parking area applicable to your property, view our Local parking area map.

These permits are not valid on a main road and do not exempt the holder from receiving penalties for Clearways, No Stopping, Loading Zones or other statutory offences.

More information