Road permits

Over-dimensional vehicles, vehicle crossings, road openings, shipping containers, work zones and more.


A large, white, parked campervan
You'll need an over-dimensional light vehicle permit for any car, truck, boat or vehicle combination that exceeds certain dimensions.
new house driveway
A vehicle crossing runs from the road to your property boundary. You need a permit to remove, modify, relocate or build a new vehicle crossing.
Worker in high-visibility vest using a drill on street surface

Road opening permits, and consent for works within road reserves.

road closed construction sign
Work zone parking bay permits are for construction work vehicles or site workers.
traffic management signs in truck
If you are planning any works on a road, street, lane or footpath, you must apply for a permit.
large green shipping container on truck

You need a council permit to place shipping containers on council land.


Darebin information sign in road reserve

If you run a community facility or organisation, you can apply for directional signs to help visitors find you.