Your rate notice
Your property's rates are based on your Capital Improved Value (CIV).
Your rate notice has three valuation figures in total:
- Capital Improved Value (CIV) - total market value of the land plus buildings and any other improvements of your property.
- Site Valuation (SV) - market value of the land only.
- Net Annual Value (NAV) - current value of a property's net annual rent:
- For residential properties, this is 5% of the CIV
- For non-residential properties, this is either the annual rental value or 5% of the CIV (whichever value is greater).
Pay your rates
Fire services property levy
From 1 July 2013, all Victorian Councils are required to collect the fire services levy on behalf of the State Government. It is collected as another charge shown on your rates notice.
- The Fire Services Property Levy will replace the existing insurance-based funding model, as recommended by the Victorian Bushfires Royal Commission. While we collect this property levy through your rates notice, the money goes directly to the State Government, and not to Council.
- If you have property insurance, you will no longer pay a fire services levy through your insurance premium. Any insurance policy with a start or renewal date on or after 1 July 2013 should not include a fire services levy. Any insurer that charges a fire services levy after this date would be breaking the law.
Save time with an electronic rate notice
To receive your Rate Notice electronically, follow the instructions below to register via eNotice or BPAY View.
Rate notices are the only City of Darebin notices that will be delivered electronically
Other notices such as animal registration will still be sent to your postal address
Register for eNotice
To register for eNotice:
- Visit the Darebin eNotices portal and click 'Sign Up'.
- Enter your email address and eNotices Reference Number, found on your Rate Notice
- Check your email inbox and click the validation link
- Choose a password and enter your mobile number
After these steps, you will receive Rate Notices in your email inbox, and can log in to view them at any time.
Register for BPAY View
To set up BPAY View:
- Log in to your online banking account
- Look for the BPAY View or View Bills section
- Register to receive your City of Darebin Rate Notice by entering:
- Biller Code: 7831
- Your BPAY View registration number(s): use your BPAY Reference number as shown on your Rate Notice
- Your name: enter the name exactly as it appears in the first line from the address block on your notice.
What happens next
- You will be notified by email or SMS if your registration has been approved.
- Once approved, your next Rate Notice will be automatically sent to your online banking account.
Note: If your email address is reported as undeliverable, your Rate Notice will be posted to you.