Desexing your pet
Find out about the benefits of desexing your pet.
Desexing your pet can be a great choice if you are unlikely to want to breed from your pet. Dogs and cats can be safely desexed from three months of age.
Why should I desex my pet?
- Desexed dogs and cats can be better behaved and are less likely to roam.
- Desexed cats are less likely to yowl at night or spray strong smelling urine.
- Desexing your pets can also be a health benefit, as it can prevent them from getting certain types of cancer.
- You'll also be helping to avoid contributing to the problem of pet overpopulation in Victoria.
- We give discount registration and permit rates for pets that are desexed. The savings keep be substantial, as registration is required annually.
Dogs and cats can be safely desexed from three months of age.