Darebin Sports Grants Program
The Darebin Sports Grants Program 2021/22 is part of Darebin Council’s Community Grants program to support rebuilding the capacity of local sports clubs and organisations to respond and recover to the impacts of COVID19, as well as create inclusive environments and programs that allow residents of all ages, genders, abilities and backgrounds to get active, socially connect and participate in community sport.
This is a competitive grants program with grants of up to $2000 for participation and club capacity building initiatives. The grants program is available to eligible sports clubs and organisations who best address the focuses and criteria outlined in the Sports Grants Program guidelines.
The focus areas of this grants program for community sport are:
- Improving our community’s physical and mental wellbeing through organised, beginner-friendly community sport activity with a strong focus on inclusion.
- In particular, breaking down barriers to play for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women, girls, LGBTIQ community, people with a disability, and multicultural and diverse communities.
- Rebuilding sports club capacity to respond strongly from COVID impacts to better operate and deliver community sport activity and build inclusive club cultures/environments.
Darebin Sports Grants Program for 2021-22 is open from Monday 10 January 2022 for Round 2 applications.
Applications for Round 2 close on Monday 31 January 2022 (at 11.59pm)
Submit your application online at Darebin Council's easy-to-use online grants portal (SmartyGrants).
To find out more, contact our Leisure Services team on 8470 8888 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Industry Grant and Funding Opportunities
- Sport and Recreation Victoria offer annual sports club grants and other grant programs
- VicHealth offer annual health and wellbeing grants for sport and recreation club and organisations
- Australian Sports Foundation is a free service for sports clubs to fundraise and manage funding campaigns online for individuals and club projects.
- Play For Purpose Sports Raffle - Sport Australia offer a national sports raffle that allows clubs to register and sell tickets for collective prizes and take a $5 rebate to help club fundraising.
- Kids Voucher Program from Victorian Government offers $200 vouchers to help reimburse costs of junior sport for eligible juniors and families.
- State Sporting Bodies and Leagues sometimes offer their own funding programs support their affiliate clubs or through their sponsors, so check in with your SSA or league contact on a regular basis.
- Change Our Game offers grants to develop women and girls in sport
- Shade grants from Victorian Government help fund shade structures at community facilities
- Community safety grants from Victorian Government offers funding for initiatives to help create safer community facilities
- Local MPs - contact your local minister of parliament at a state or national level about funding or grant opportunities available to your club, invite them to key club events and matches to discuss your club needs and aspirations.