Open discussion, communication and feedback from the community are encouraged, and we invite you to join the conversations about Darebin. You are welcome to post your comments or opinions, treating us and other individuals and organisations in a courteous and respectful manner.
On channels where we can actively moderate comments and posts, items will be deleted without warning if they are:
- Indecent, offensive, violent or rude language, links or images
- Threatening or include abusive language or defamatory statements
- Inappropriate or illegal content
- Hateful or derogatory opinions on race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age, religion, disability, employment or political orientation
- Targeted at any individual in a harassing, aggressive or antisocial manner
- Comments that are off-topic or inappropriate
- Comments that are in opposition to state advice
- Unsolicited advertising, repeated posts/comments or spam
- Using the platform to criticize or abuse individuals, organisations or political parties
- [During caretaker period before Council elections] Campaigning, or content seen to be of a political nature
At our moderator’s discretion, your comment may be hidden, deleted or you may be issued a warning or banned from continuing to contribute to the platform, with no warning.
We are committed to considering all feedback, comments, compliments or complaints to improve our practices. We value your privacy and treat personal information confidentially. See our privacy statement for more details.
For customer service issues, please get in touch:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 03 8470 8888
- Multilingual line (8:30am-5:00pm): 03 8470 8470 for languages other than English
- Emergency after hours: 03 8470 8889
We may also take the discussion offline if we think the issue is of a private nature, to protect your privacy.
Comments posted on our social media channels should also comply with the following, as any comments that contravene these may be removed:
We hope you enjoy learning about the many services and events we offer and sharing your stories about living and visiting our community.