Leasing or licensing Council property

Council has two roles in the leasing and licensing property:

  • Landlord - we lease or licence Council controlled property to a broad range of tenants and users, including sporting clubs, community organisations, not-for-profit, private and commercial entities, and other parties.
  • Tenant - we lease or licence property owned by other agencies, individuals or organisations to support our service delivery activities.

All prospective tenants for Council controlled property, including existing tenants renegotiating a lease or licence, are required to prepare and submit an online application.

The more information that you provide, the better we will be able to consider your application.

Apply to lease or licence Council property

Invoice payments

If you have received an invoice from the City of Darebin for rent, licence fees, or other charges relating to your leased or licensed property, you can make a payment online.

  1. Press the pay button below
  2. Select the Licence fees radio button then press Next
  3. Enter your payment reference number and follow the instructions to complete payment

Pay a lease or licensing invoice

Expressions of Interest (EOIs)

Council will often request expressions of interest to lease or license specific properties in Council’s property portfolio.

We are currently asking suitable parties to express their interest in the below properties:

2 Wingrove Street, Alphington (see pdf under Related Information below to apply)

More information

Email: LeaseandLicensing@darebin.vic.gov.au