Have your say on the names of some significant Darebin facilities
Let’s celebrate the stories that shape Darebin, through inclusive names for some important places.
In early 2023, we updated our Place and Road Naming Policy to include new naming priorities that represent Darebin’s history, people, and culture.
The names of facilities, infrastructure and suburbs in Darebin tell important stories about our history and our community, and they should make everyone feel included and represented.
That’s why we’re seeking new or additional names for some significant Darebin facilities including:
- Northcote Aquatic and Recreation Centre
- Fairfield Library
- Northcote Library
- Preston Library
- Reservoir Library
- The Pavilion at John Hall Reserve
We are seeking names that:
- Celebrate our diverse community
- acknowledge the contributions of a significant community member or,
- are an appropriate word, item, symbol, or term in any language, that has significance to the community and,
- collectively promote equity, inclusion, and diversity
Everyone is invited to contribute ideas that celebrate Darebin’s vibrant, multilingual, and multicultural community. These names will not only represent our history, but also the cultural richness that defines and connects us today.
Let’s celebrate the stories that shape Darebin, through inclusive names for these important places and spaces.
From 22 November 2023 to 16 February 2024 we'll be asking for your ideas.
There’s lots more to find out so for all the information and to have your say visit yoursay.darebin.vic.gov.au/naming