Advocating for all of our community
At Darebin, we’ve always proudly advocated for issues that matter most to our community. These are our current top advocacy priorities.
- Seeking Federal and State investment for Reservoir Leisure Centre redevelopment.
- Expand work of Reservoir Revitalisation Board; creating local jobs, skills and training opportunities.
- Improve safety at Boldrewood Parade and Broadway intersection.
- New electric bus route along proposed Suburban Rail Link corridor.
- New bus route and bus lane connecting La Trobe Uni to Burnley Station.
- Upgrade route 86 tram stops for accessibility.
- Fund feasibility study to extend Route 11 tram to Edwardes St and establish interim electric bus service for this route.
- Construction of Edwardes Lake playspace.
- Funding for Donath East, John Hall and KP Hardiman Pavilions.
- GE Robinson Park trees and fitness equipment.
- Tracey Reserve seats and trees.
- Rewilding Cheddar Road and building Ruthven Wetland.
- CH Sullivan Park playspace upgrade and trees.
- Protect Preston Market
- Renew Harding Bridge
- Upgrade route 86 tram stops for accessibility
- Improve St Georges Road cycling corridor
- Address safety at Miller Street, High Street, Plenty Road and Dundas Street
- Improve safety of tram roundabout at Miller Street and Gilbert Road
- Improve pedestrian and cyclist safety at Elizabeth, Bell and Nicholson Street intersection
- Redevelop Preston City Oval pavilion and lighting
- Upgrade TW Blake, HP Zwar and AG Davis Parks and WK Larkins Reserve.
Strengthening our southern suburbs
- Fairfield safety improvements, including new pedestrian crossing on Station Street at Wingrove Street
- New pedestrian crossing at Elizabeth Street and Raymond Street
- Preston-CBD Safe Cycling Corridor
- Build Alphington Rail Spur shared use path
- Permanent bike lanes for Heidelberg Road
- New bus route and bus lane connecting La Trobe Uni to Burnley Station
- Partner with Council for works allowing sharing of Northcote Public Golf Course between golf and park users