Enrolling to vote
Am I enrolled to vote?
You are already enrolled to vote if:
• You will be 18 years of age or over on election day; AND
• You live in the City of Darebin and are on the Victorian State roll for your current address.
• To check if your details are up to date on the Victorian State Roll, visit VEC website - VEC enrolment.
You need to enrol with the VEC if:
• You are an Australian citizen aged 18 or over on election day; AND
• You live in the City of Darebin and you are not on the State electoral roll; OR
• You have lived at your present residential address within the City of Darebin for at least a month and have not updated your enrolment details, including any changes to your postal address.
Enrol online at vec.vic.gov.au or pick up a form at any post office and return it to the Victorian Electoral Commission.
You may also apply to Council to enrol if you:
• are 18 years of age and over on election day; and
• own a rateable property in the municipality and you are not enrolled as a non-resident owner and/or non Australian citizen; or
• pay rates on a property occupied or lease specifies that you are liable to pay rates (eg. shop tenant); or
• are appointed by a company that pays rates.
If you meet the above criteria and wish to enrol, contact Council on 03 9470 8888.
How can I check my enrolment?
If you are an Australian citizen who lives in the City of Darebin you can check your enrolment details online at vec.vic.gov.au at any time, or call 1300 805 478. If you are not an Australian citizen or you are a non-resident, contact Council on 9470 8888.