NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
Darebin residents who are NDIS participants can report concerns or breaches to their services to the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Quality and Safeguards Commission is an independent agency established to monitor and improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services. Contact the Commission if you have concerns or you think there has been a breach of the NDIS service standards.
- responds to concerns, complaints and reportable incidents, including those of abuse and neglect
- promotes choice and control, and empowers you to exercise your rights to access quality services
- requires NDIS providers to uphold your rights to be free from harm
- oversees the Code of Conduct and Practice Standards, and monitors compliance against these
- offers guidance and best practice information to NDIS providers
- monitors restrictive practices within the NDIS
- works with states and territories to design and implement nationally consistent NDIS worker screening
- focuses on education and development for people with disability, NDIS providers and workers
- facilitates information sharing with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), state and territory authorities and Commonwealth regulatory bodies.
For more information, visit the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission website.